Our client is a German aircraft manufacturer with a mission to drive the aviation transition to zero-emission flying. Highquality products, a unique combination of expertise and technical know-how, sustainable processes, and a customer- and service-oriented corporate style have made our client a recognized and sought-after partner. In order to ensure that our clear growth targets continue to be met, we are now looking in the Munich area, Germany for a
Lead Development Engineer (all genders)Apply now
- Responsible for High Voltage Architecture for Research and Technology Projects
- Definition of high voltage network for hybrid-electric aviation propulsion system
- Electric network behavior, equipment requirements to operate safe electric power
- Serve as subject matter expert for aircraft high voltage power electronics, electrical system designs/architectures, supporting innovative and creative design solutions.
- Develop system requirements for electrical systems based on project objectives.
- Design architectures that safely and effectively meet requirements.
- Specify, plan, prepare and execute system functionality verification tests
- Design system-to-system components and processes to connect key components including fuel cells, motor, battery charging, sensor selection, system safety, etc.
- Support the development and optimization of high voltage components.
- Advance the knowledge of the integration of Power Electronics Converters with associated components/subsystems e.g. electrical machines, power network, energy storage systems with the goal of optimizing overall system performance in relation to the specifics of the applications.
- Maintain a good understanding of ‘state-of-the-art’ in power converter component technologies
- Develop component, subsystem and system level models in order to enhance the team’s ability to accelerate design, development and testing activities.
- Support the achievement of department objectives aligned with global objectives
- Master’s Degree or Diplomingenieur in Electric, Electronic or Mechatronic Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in aerospace or relevant industry
- Familiar with EASA Part 21J and CS-25/FAR 25, and experience with at least one aircraft development program (preferred)
- FMEA/FTA/FHA and understanding of 2x.1309
- Experience working with RTCA/DO-160, DO-178C and ARP4754A
- Familiar with requirement management, validation and verification of electric systems
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering is beneficial
- Fluent in English. Fluency in German or additional languages is beneficial
- Excellent team spirit, communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of structuring and organizing work in efficient and effective manner
- Strong analytical skills, hands-on mentality, creativity and the ability to act independently
- Technical problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Willingness to travel internationally (<10%)
This globally active company offers you a responsible and varied job, an attractive working environment and all theadvantages of a successful international company.
Do you want to use your experience in a future-oriented way?
Then send us your application documents in English (ID-No.: 2143-DE) and salary expectations by e-mail to: HILL International Germany, Carola Scheffel, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: +49 611-89 04 36 68