As Mining Engineer/Local Unit Technical Director, you'll be expected to: 1) ensure the safe and efficient development of mines and other underground operations; and 2) to ensure smooth operation of the ore processing plant. The role demands a combination of in depth technical knowledge and management skills. You'll be overseeing technical aspects on all project stages, and before a new site is developed, you'll be responsible for viability assessment and assist with planning the mine's structure.
Technical Director - Mining EngineerОткликнуться на вакансию
- Assessing the commercial viability of new mining ventures
- Undertaking feasibility studies
- Modelling or designing potential mine sites
- Preparing plans for mines, such as underground tunnels and shafts
- Working with specialist software to support planning programmes for effective geological exploration
- Overseeing major construction projects and ensuring that operations run smoothly
- Monitoring activities underground
- Overseeing staff activities, either in one site section or throughout an entire mine
- Ensuring the safety of mining equipment and assessing mine equipment supplies
- Designing, facilitating and overseeing safe operation of exploration and extraction systems
- Overseeing the health and safety of the site, particularly in relation to issues such as ventilation
- Planning for transition from surface to underground mining operations
- Providing technical guidelines for mineral extraction projects
- Facilitate filling in disused mine shafts and reclaiming mine sites
- Managing monthly budgets and keeping detailed records
- Achieve Plant Preventive and Predictive Maintenance (PPM) of equipment and provide continued tactical engineering support to the Plant so as to resolve plant issues that are impacting both short-term and long-term production and achieve high quality products.
- Develop quality control (QC) plans for plant equipment and ensure compliance with the company mechanical integrity standard.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mining Engineering and/or in Geological Surveyance
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) from four-year college in engineering with approx. five years of experience in exploration or equivalent relevant combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience with permitting, submittals, compliance and negotiations with state regulatory agencies.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of current AutoCad and Carlson software as well as other industry applicable software.
b. KEY EXECUTIVE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Must have cumulative 10 years’ experience in the mining operations environment
- Proven experience in optimisation, integration and overall improvement of business processes within a mining/processing operation
- Significant technical knowledge and practical hands on operational experience in managing exploration projects and preferably in optimizing plants
- Experience working with Platinum or Manganese, Iron Ore, Chrome and Base Metals (copper, nickel, and zinc)
B. Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to coordinate, lead, and organize high cost and impact projects.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals and reports, and professional journals.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of employees.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. • Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are mandatory. Must be able to present complex information in a clear and concise manner. Position requires ability to successfully interact and build relationships with personnel, as well as representatives of government and regulatory agencies.
- English - Full professional proficiency (preferable but not mandatory)
- Russian - Full Professional proficiency
- Kazakh - (preferable)
- Highly competitive salary
- social package
- bonus system
+7 777 3007990